Right, so the fifth prompt on Mama Kat’s Writer’s Workshop this week was my idea and I was so utterly happy she picked mine because she’s not only super pretty but super cool and has super cute children.
I want to be Mama Kat when I grow up–
What? She might read this?
Oh, right. *clears throat*
The normal rules are to write for one of the prompts and then submit it to her site on Thursday. I had every intention of doing so yesterday but, as we all know, the day can get away from you.
I went out on a truly awesome girl’s afternoon with my mother-in-law, her mom and one of our cousins. We had Thai food then Grandma bought everyone a mani/pedi and I got to sit in a massage chair.
And, to top it all off, Olivia was extremely well-behaved the whole time. She slept mostly and only got a little fussy in the salon when she got hungry, but she timed it to where my pedi was done when she was ready so it was all good. Plus everyone really loved seeing her and holding her and taking lots of pictures of her.
By the time I got home, it was late and I was exhausted from my whopping four hours of sleep total the night before and just being out and about and “on” for a whole afternoon. I crashed for about three hours and then parked myself on the couch and didn’t move.
But I wanted to still put up my response to my prompt and have a little fun. So here goes, a day late.
5.) The ultimate honey-do list. If your spouse agreed to do any ten things you asked, what would they be?
Top Ten Honey-Do
- Using whatever method you deem necessary (as long as you get away with it), procure a rather large suitcase full of cash.
- Back rub. It’s taxing carrying that baby around all the time and the muscles could use some lovin’.
- Fix or replace the towel rod in the master bath. That thing has been broken for months and I’d like to use it sometime before our lease is up on this house.
- If you go out to lunch during work to a place you know I would love and will be extremely jealous you went, then bring me home something…..and a Krispy Kreme.
- Back rub. No, really. This is important to me.
- Using aforementioned suitcase full of cash, hire Mike Holmes to build us a kickass house on a plot of land that has a lake.
- Until the house is built, use more of the suitcase full of cash to hire a yard guy because, face it, we aren’t going to keep up with the yard while we have a newborn.
- Hire me a maid to come in here once a month and scrub this place. That would be the bestest present in the whole wide world.
- Clean up all the spider and bug guts on the walls where you’ve massacred the little creepy crawlies. I’m eternally grateful for your bugicidal tendencies but I would rather the smeared reminders be gone as well.
- Mmmm….back rub….
There. I don’t think any of that is outlandish.
Not at all.
Now to go deliver the list…